First of all, DO NOT SKIP SUHOOR! Get up 30 minutes before Al Fajr prayers and CONSUME / DRINK / INGEST YOUR SUHOOR! Hopefully you’ll be up to pray, so wake up a few minutes earlier to get in a light feast that’ll help ENERGIZE and HYDRATE your body throughout those 16 hours of awesome-good-deed-boosting fasting.
In addition, Ramadan this year in Kuwait WILL NOT BE FORGIVING. Our current weather feels like you’re walking in an oven!
Light and Soothing
- 250ml to 500ml of Skimmed Liban + 3-7 Dates
- 1-cup of fatfree Lentil Soup + 1 container of nonfat Yogurt + Veggies
- 1 container of nonfat Yogurt (or PickYO’s Ultimate Frozen Yogurt) + 1-2 servings of Fruit
- 250ml of low or nonfat Goat Milk + 1/2-cup of All-Bran Plus + 1 serving of Fruit
- 1 container of nonfat Yogurt + 1/2-cup Chickpeas (Nikhi) or Fava Beans (Bajila) + Veggies
HEAVY and Appetite Suppressing
- 1 pack of Fava Beans (with the peel) or Chickpeas (from the Nikhi & Bajila shop) + 1 container of nonfat Yogurt + Veggies
- 300 grams of Lean Red Meat + 1 container of nonfat Yogurt + Veggies
- 1 large bowl of low / non fat Yireesh or Harees, but make sure it’s packed with lean red meat
Unfortunately, this is the part where I have to leave for a few hours. I’m not done with Suhoor so stay tuned my fellow awesome readers!