Milk is awesome. Milk sugar (lactose) is not. Milk sugar sucks. Milk sugar makes me go toot. Milk sugar literally HALTS fat-loss. How can I get my milk cravings? SUGAR-FREE ALMOND MILK!
Death Match Per 250ml
Almond Milk / Low-Fat Cow’s Milk
Calories [63.25] - 
Fat [5.25 grams] - [5.2 grams]
Net Carbs [1.75 grams] - [13.1 grams]
Fiber [2 grams] - [0 grams]
Protein [2.25 grams] - [8.5 grams]
Calcium [208 mg] - [308 mg]
Yeah, try I got all colorful and stuff.
- Almond Milk has 50% less calories than Low-Fat Cow’s Milk.
- Almond Milk has the same amount of fat as Low-Fat Cow’s Milk, viagra dosage but in the form of healthy monounsaturated fats (the fats that give nuts that heart-healthy reputation).
- Almond Milk has significantly less carbohydrates, while Low-Fat Cow Milk packs 13.1 grams of lactose- a really annoying milk sugar.
- Almond Milk has fiber, while Cow’s Milk does not.
- Almond Milk has significantly less protein than Cow’s Milk, but who really cares when you’ve got a milk source that has less than 2 grams of effective carbs (that are NOT in the form of sugar).
- Almond Milk has almost as much calcium as cow’s milk. You know what’s even cooler? Those 200 mg’s of calcium from Almond Milk are more absorbable than the calcium you get from cow’s milk. Why? Because Almond Milk doesn’t have 13.1 grams of fart-busting lactose blocking it from being absorbed.
- Almond Milk is 100% vegan.
Almond Milk has a subtle “nutty” flavor to it, but not too much. It reminded me of Almond Syrup (Baithan). A cup with a few packets of Stevia or drops of Stevia liquid tastes more like a treat!
Whatever health benefits you receive munching on Almonds, you’ll get here.
Treat it as you would cow’s milk. Whatever ingredients ask for milk, sub in Almond Milk instead.
What Sucks About It?
A liter (pictured above) costs KD 1.500- a bit hefty in comparison to cow milk. This is owed to the amount of almonds used to make the milk. Another downer is the “use within 5 days” policy or the stuff goes rancid. Bummer.
Will I spend KD 1.500 a week on Almond Milk? DEFINITELY. I love cow’s milk, but it doesn’t sit well with me. Through experimentation, I noticed that lactose and dieting don’t go hand in hand. Fat loss literally STOPS whenever I add in a minimal amount of any dairy product that contains lactose.
With Almond Milk, I can still make my whey protein powder dessert recipes creamier.
EcoMil Sugar-Free Almond Milk
The company producing this product is 100% organic. The sugar-free version contains water, organic almonds and organic tapioca (used to thicken the Almond Milk). There are no artificial sweeteners here. The sugar-filled version contains organic agave syrup, so expect an increase in sugar grams and calories.
Whether or not you’re dieting, always go for the sugar-free version and add some Stevia to sweeten.
I found some at The Sultan Center and at The Baking Tray.